My philosophy is simple: I trust birth.
Birth is beautiful, inspiring, hard work, and life changing. I believe that women are the authority over their bodies & their choices during labor. The support I provide is to encourage women to trust in their bodies and the birth process.
My aim is to provide you with the tools to self-advocate during pregnancy and labor, be present with an objective & unbiased viewpoint, assist you in making empowered decisions based on reliable, evidence-based facts, ensure your choices and experiences are honored, and help validate your choices and pregnancy outcome, on your terms. I will accompany you in labor, providing emotional support, physical comfort, and if necessary, communicate with the medical staff present to make sure you have all the information you need to make informed decisions.
As Your Doula, I will provide:
- A no obligation, introductory meeting to determine if we are a good match.
- Emotional support throughout pregnancy, labor, & early postpartum.
- Multiple prenatal home visits to discuss your needs and wants, as well as prepare you for labor, birth, & your newborn. I prefer to meet no less than 2-3 times prior to birth, more if possible. I will provide you with information and resources related to labor and childbirth.
- Naturally focused selections for a more comfortable pregnancy and birth.
- Unlimited email and telephone advice and support throughout your pregnancy and immediate postpartum.
- Breastfeeding information, preparation, and support. I am not a breastfeeding consultant, but will refer you to one if you would like.
- Assistance with developing your birth plan.
- Alternatives to medical pain relief during labor & comfort measures such as massage, positioning, aromatherapy, breathing exercises, meditation, etc.
- 1-2 meetings postpartum, per family’s wishes to review the birth & offer support.
As Your Doula, I will not:
- make any promises of a pain-free labor or birth or make any guarantees of the outcome of labor.
- provide you with any medical or clinical based assessments, advice, or exams such as blood pressure readings, vaginal exams, or fetal heart tones.
- make any decisions for you or on your behalf at any time.
- replace your partner, unless we have previously agreed that is my role.
In the event that you have a cesarean section, either emergency or planned, all fees will remain the same. I will stay, offering as much support as the medical staff will let me. If the cesarean birth is scheduled, I will meet you at the hospital at your scheduled time; it is up to you to secure my place in the operating room if allowed by medical staff.
I will offer emotional and breastfeeding support after the birth if desired.
If I am not allowed to be present during the cesarean due to emergency, policy, etc. I will join you after the birth as soon as allowed.
Fees for Doula Services: $1000
A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place on my calendar. Due to the nature of birth work, I only take on so many births each month. The balance will be due upon completion of service. I am happy to work with you to establish a payment plan if necessary!
I also offer extra services, such as placental encapsulation, postpartum doula services/mother's helper services, essential oils, herbal teas & tinctures. These are separate, but discounted fees. Please contact me for rates.
I accept cash, check, or electronic payment options. Please make checks payable to Jennifer Frye.
I celebrate families in whatever form they take! I believe that each family is defined by the family themselves and not by sexuality, gender, race, or class. Families who do not fit into preconceived societal norms can greatly benefit from a supportive and understanding doula as they navigate the childbearing year.
Every woman deserves a doula & the right to unlimited support during such a transitional, powerful, and sacred time. I believe financial restraints should never keep a woman from receiving the care she desires. This is why I also provide my services on a sliding scale basis and in some circumstances, will accept trade or barter.
Failure to Provide Services
I will make every effort to provide the services I have offered & described. Sometimes this becomes impossible due to circumstances beyond everyone’s control.
If I fail to attend your birth due to MY error and do not provide you with a backup doula, the remaining amount does not need to be paid to me.
In the event of rapid labor, I will come as quickly as possible, remain with you for up to 2 hours and return for the postpartum visits as the contract states.
If YOU fail to call me when you are in labor or choose not to use my services at the last minute, you will not be refunded any money. Other women have been denied the opportunity of receiving my services.
You may submit your deposit via Paypal here, if preferred, unless we have worked out a different method of payment.